‘F’ is for family
With both full time and temporary positions available, why don’t you join the Wicksteed Park family? We’re one of the region’s most popular attractions with an unrivaled heritage.Download Seasonal Application
Our current full time vacancies are listed below:
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Administrator on: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Job Title: Chef
Salary: £20,000 pa
Number of Positions: 1 x Full Time
Responsible to: Pavilion Banqueting Manager & Catering Manager
Staff Management Responsibility: To lead the kitchen team in producing quality food.
Overall Job Objective:
- To work alongside the kitchen team developing high quality standards of food production.
- Help maintain a high standard of food safety and hygiene within the kitchen areas.
- To develop the menus for the Ideas Café, banqueting and corporate functions.
- To work with the Pavilion Sales and Operations team in menu planning and budget pricing for all events including party nights, functions, banquets, private and corporate events.
- To be responsible for sourcing and purchasing the appropriate level of stock as determined by the level of business in place, avoid over ordering and reduce unnecessary wastage.
- To work proactively alongside the Pavilion team to improve the catering offer available within this area, striving to make constant progression.
- Ensure good working relationships between the kitchen team and Pavilion team.
- To work alongside the Pavilion Management team to establish a strong menu offer in the Ideas Café and maintain a good level of quality and consistency in this area.
- To attend weekly event briefing sessions as part of the Pavilion team to ensure all of the client’s requirements are understood.
- Liaise on a day to day basis with the Pavilion Operations team to ensure that the customer’s specifications are met.
- Liaise with the Banqueting and Deputy Banqueting Managers to produce an efficient and high quality food service to both public and private customers whenever required.
- Efficiently organise the production of quality food for more than one function at the same time and, at certain times of the year, also supply the Park outlets with cooked/prepared food on ‘ride open days’.
- To complete kitchen rotas as appropriate in line with the requirements of the business.
- To implement and monitor standards of procedure for the day to day management of the kitchen.
- As instructed by the Catering Manager ensure that all food safety policies and procedures are strictly followed.
- To work with the Catering Manager and Banqueting Manager to ensure training has been carried out for all relevant staff in accordance with Company procedures to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation (COSHH) and maintain all associated records.
- To work within the guidelines supplied by the Catering Manager in regards to identifying food allergens, including contact with all suppliers and completion of allergen charts as appropriate.
- To aide in the training or ensure training has been carried out for all relevant staff in accordance with Company procedures to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation (HACCP) and maintain all associated records.
- To ensure that all staff wears the full correct uniform and name badge when on duty, and are clean and presentable at all times.
- Maintain high standards of customer service and product at all times, in accordance with Company policy.
- To aide with the monitoring of standards and produce daily reports to substantiate “Due Diligence”. Ensure compliance with the New Legislative documentation (Food Standards Agency)
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all Catering areas to ensure compliance with Environmental Health standards in the event of a surprise inspection.
- Controlling and monitoring of stock rotation and wastage.
- Flexible working within the Park. This may involve helping out in any area of catering operations and other departments within the Parks infrastructure during Off Peak and Peak periods, staff shortages, or to provide cover for days off and holidays by prior arrangement and may consist of working outdoors.
- Close working relationships with the Catering Manager, Chefs, Pavilion Business Manager, Banqueting Manager, Deputy Banqueting Manager Senior Events Coordinator, HR Administrator, Outside Catering Supervisors and other Park Managers.
Hours of Duty:
The minimum hours are 40 per week, spread over 5 days out of 7, because of the nature of the post a clearly defined schedule of hours cannot be given and it is expected that the post holder’s hours will be agreed with the Banqueting Manager.
Overtime is not normally paid; however some time off in lieu may be taken under previously agreed circumstances. It is a requirement of the post to work Bank and Statutory holidays.
This is a “hands on” operational role, not a Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm job. Late night and /or weekend working will be the norm.
- Formal qualifications such as NVQ 2 0r 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery or City and Guilds 706/1 or 706/2 in Food Preparation and Cooking.
- Food Safety Qualification Level 3.
- Capable of producing up to 700 covers (banquets and functions).
- Must be highly motivated.
- Ability to work unsupervised to a tight schedule.
- Must be able to remain calm while under pressure.
- Cleanliness, attention to detail and accuracy are paramount in this job role and must be upheld at all times.
- Small scale restaurant skills are essential.
- A willingness to work flexibly and to continuously improve skills and competences.
- Ability to be creative and generate new ideas.
- Menu development experience is highly desirable.
- Banqueting experience and large scale catering experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Smart appearance and ability to act as a good ambassador to Wicksteed Park Ltd at all times.
- Due to the nature of our Park, an Enhanced Disclosure and Barrel Service check (DBS check, formally CRB check) may be required.
Must provide former employers details to enable us to collect references
Community and Education Sessional Leaders
Salary: £8.50 sessional hourly rate
Job Title: Community and Education Sessional Leaders
Responsible to: Community Link Manager
Responsible for: Community and Education volunteers
Introduction and Background to the Post:
Wicksteed Park in Kettering is wholly owned by Wicksteed Charitable Trust, (founded in 1916 by Charles Wicksteed), and has remained one of the Midlands’ best-loved parks since its official opening in 1921. Wicksteed Park Ltd is the trading subsidiary of the Trust, which provides the main revenue stream to maintain the 147 acre Park, gardens and lakes.
Wicksteed Park is of huge importance to local and regional heritage and is registered Grade II on the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. The Park has great value to the local community and is used by many local organisations for events. The Trust delivers a growing community and education programme, which involves schools, local community organisations and visitors to the park. This role supports the management and delivery of these activities and the development of further events.
Overall Job Objectives:
- To support the development and delivery of community and education activities as part of our annual programme.
- To engage and encourage participation for all in a variety of activities that creatively explore the natural history of the park, and its heritage.
- To raise awareness of our community and education programmes to existing and potential visitors including education providers, community organisations, businesses and individuals.
- To carry out Charles Wicksteed’s initial aims of how the Park should interact with both local and distant communities.
- To support the development of community and educational Strategy based on what Wicksteed Park has / will have to offer.
Specific Tasks:[Please note this is intended as a general guide only. It is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities.]
- Use the Park’s own history (the Wicksteed Story, Hilda Wicksteed etc) to create, develop, promote and run high quality community and educational activities and events.
- To ensure that events for schools are relevant and responsive to their educational needs.
- To widen participation and ensure we are communicating our community and education offers to new and existing audiences.
- To provide regular updates and evaluation of activities for Trust meetings, Community Link Manager and funders.
- To further enhance the community and education offers of the park through on site interpretation, such as trails, leaflets etc.
- Using the Park’s history and natural landscape to create new educational resources, such as resource boxes, online materials and lesson plans for teachers and other groups.
- Contribute to the updating of the community and education section of the website.
- To liaise with suppliers for community and educational events and materials.
- Undertake pricing of events and invoicing / collection of money in conjunction with Wicksteed Park’s finance team.
- Provide valuable support, knowledge and experience in community and educational areas and, identify specific opportunities to maximise all potential forms of income.
- Raise the profile of Wicksteed Park as a high quality education provider.
- Maintain and update our database
- To raise the profile of the park within the local community
- To ensure that all health and safety obligations are met in all aspects of the role, in particular, to ensure implementation of Child Welfare and Safety policies
- Adhere to all Wicksteed Park policies, procedures and systems.
- To represent the Park and the Trust in professional manner and to act at all times in a manner which will not damage its reputation
- Any other activities required for the successful delivery of the role, as required.
The role will be required to liaise with the whole Management team, especially the Community Link Manager, Managing Director, Head of Park Operations, Accountant, Grounds Team, Stores Supervisor and Ride Area Managers.
Hours of Duty:
This is a sessional role and there are no specific hours allocated however daytime, evening and weekend working will be required subject to demand and bookings.
This post will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
|At least 3 years’ experience of developing and delivering community and education programmes.||Experience of running community / education programmes in the heritage or environmental sector|
|A relevant degree or similar expertise||A teaching qualification|
|An enthusiastic and positive attitude with the ability to work and communicate with a range of people from different age groups and backgrounds.||A strong interest in heritage and/or the environment|
|Skills and professionalism required to deliver educational and community events||First Aid qualification|
|Understanding of the National Curriculum in England||Able to do some manual lifting (e.g. tables/chairs when setting up and packing away events)|
|Experience of developing resources for schools||Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office package, in particular Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel|
|The ability to work alone and as part of a team||Experience of maintaining an online presence e.g. website, Twitter, Facebook.|
|Willingness to undertake training as required.||Experience of planning and delivering large scale education or community events.|
|Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines||Able to prioritise workload and manage own time effectively.|
|Willingness to work daytimes, evenings and weekends, if required.|
We are looking forward to spring (and beyond) here at Wicksteed Park – yippee!
Who do you need?
We are on the lookout for:
- Wicky’s Play Factory Party Entertainers
- Bar Staff
- Waiting Staff
- ‘Fun Makers’ (ride operators / games attendants)
- Catering ‘Foodies’
- Catering Supervisors
- Photo Booth Assistants
- RUSH Instructors
- Security Staff
- Grounds Team Staff (grounds maintenance, litter picking, cleaning)
Some important information:
Only completed application forms will be accepted on the day, and we do not accept CVs. Please do not send your application form electronically as it will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that any application forms received after the recruitment event will be added to our waiting list.