‘F’ is for family
With both full time and temporary positions available, why don’t you join the Wicksteed Park family? We’re one of the region’s most popular attractions with an unrivaled heritage.Download Seasonal Application
We are looking forward to spring (and beyond) here at Wicksteed Park – yippee!
Who do you need?
We are on the lookout for:
- Wicky’s Play Factory Party Entertainers
- Bar Staff
- Waiting Staff
- ‘Fun Makers’ (ride operators / games attendants)
- Catering ‘Foodies’
- Catering Supervisors
- Photo Booth Assistants
- RUSH Instructors
- Security Staff
- Grounds Team Staff (grounds maintenance, litter picking, cleaning)
Our current permanent vacancies are listed below:
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Administrator on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Café Supervisor
Line Manager: Pavilion Manager
Line Management Responsibility for:
All other staff in this café.
To offer excellent customer service to our customers through the delivery of a high quality, hands-on, efficient and profitable catering service, (particularly bean to cup coffee, hot snacks/sandwiches and similar products), whilst ensuring high standards of customer satisfaction.
JOB PURPOSE & SPECIFIC TASKS:
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the Cafe.
- To ensure the provision of an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work as a barista behind the counter, preparing the ingredients to make good coffee and other beverages for customers, and to ensure all other staff prepare to the same standards.
- Make each beverage according to customer preference. Customisation and variety make up a large portion of the job.
- To prepare, heat and serve a range of sandwiches, Panini’s and other snack-type products to an excellent standard.
- Perform other customer service duties and serve as a cashier, waiter/waitress, and clear tables when required.
- Ensure at all times that all parts of the Café are clean and well presented this will include the patio area directly outside the café.
- Maintain high standards of service in accordance with company policy.
- To manage daily floats and to cash up and reconcile takings after each day.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all areas.
- In conjunction with the Pavilion Manager, ensure budget requirements for the relevant outlet including stock and staff wage costs are adhered to.
- Ensure that all health and hygiene practices, Health and Safety at Work policies and legislative requirements are adhered to and report any failings immediately to the Pavilion Manager.
- In conjunction with the Pavilion Manager, assist in the planning and delivery of training and development programmes to new Cafe staff.
- Maintain records of staff hours, rotas, hygiene records and training records.
- Negotiate customer issues and communicate with the relevant Manager if unable to resolve satisfactorily in person.
- Assist with work in any other department as workload and Park priorities dictate.
- Close working relationships with Chefs, Stores personnel, and Head of Park Operations.
HOURS OF DUTY:
- Due to the nature of the business the post holder will work his/her hours over a seven-day week depending on the time of season (February – December). The Café is open from 10.30am and closes dependent on customer volume and in line with Park amusements (depending on the time of year this could be as late as 10pm when the campsite is busy).
- It will be a requirement of the post holder to work weekends, bank & statutory holidays (excluding Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Years day).
- This is a “hands on role”, not a Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm job.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Smart appearance & ability to act as a good ambassador to Wicksteed park Ltd at all times.
- Ability to work unsupervised to a tight schedule.
- A willingness to work flexibly and to continuously improve skills and competences
- Have a cheerful disposition – be a good example for other front-line staff!
- Product knowledge of Coffee (bean to cup)
- Barista trained in similar environment
- Ability to manage stock and to prepare / serve food snacks in accordance with food regulations.
- Experience in a busy cafe/coffee shop essential where customer service standards were key
- Reliable, conscientious, good time keeping
- Experience of rota management
- Passionate about coffee/service etc and the willingness to always consider how to improve the product and service standards
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to fill quiet times – ability to think of useful tasks to complete when there are few customers, and the willingness to do so.
Community and Education Sessional Leaders
Salary: £8.50 sessional hourly rate
Job Title: Community and Education Sessional Leaders
Responsible to: Community Link Manager
Responsible for: Community and Education volunteers
Introduction and Background to the Post:
Wicksteed Park in Kettering is wholly owned by Wicksteed Charitable Trust, (founded in 1916 by Charles Wicksteed), and has remained one of the Midlands’ best-loved parks since its official opening in 1921. Wicksteed Park Ltd is the trading subsidiary of the Trust, which provides the main revenue stream to maintain the 147 acre Park, gardens and lakes.
Wicksteed Park is of huge importance to local and regional heritage and is registered Grade II on the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. The Park has great value to the local community and is used by many local organisations for events. The Trust delivers a growing community and education programme, which involves schools, local community organisations and visitors to the park. This role supports the management and delivery of these activities and the development of further events.
Overall Job Objectives:
- To support the development and delivery of community and education activities as part of our annual programme.
- To engage and encourage participation for all in a variety of activities that creatively explore the natural history of the park, and its heritage.
- To raise awareness of our community and education programmes to existing and potential visitors including education providers, community organisations, businesses and individuals.
- To carry out Charles Wicksteed’s initial aims of how the Park should interact with both local and distant communities.
- To support the development of community and educational Strategy based on what Wicksteed Park has / will have to offer.
Specific Tasks:[Please note this is intended as a general guide only. It is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities.]
- Use the Park’s own history (the Wicksteed Story, Hilda Wicksteed etc) to create, develop, promote and run high quality community and educational activities and events.
- To ensure that events for schools are relevant and responsive to their educational needs.
- To widen participation and ensure we are communicating our community and education offers to new and existing audiences.
- To provide regular updates and evaluation of activities for Trust meetings, Community Link Manager and funders.
- To further enhance the community and education offers of the park through on site interpretation, such as trails, leaflets etc.
- Using the Park’s history and natural landscape to create new educational resources, such as resource boxes, online materials and lesson plans for teachers and other groups.
- Contribute to the updating of the community and education section of the website.
- To liaise with suppliers for community and educational events and materials.
- Undertake pricing of events and invoicing / collection of money in conjunction with Wicksteed Park’s finance team.
- Provide valuable support, knowledge and experience in community and educational areas and, identify specific opportunities to maximise all potential forms of income.
- Raise the profile of Wicksteed Park as a high quality education provider.
- Maintain and update our database
- To raise the profile of the park within the local community
- To ensure that all health and safety obligations are met in all aspects of the role, in particular, to ensure implementation of Child Welfare and Safety policies
- Adhere to all Wicksteed Park policies, procedures and systems.
- To represent the Park and the Trust in professional manner and to act at all times in a manner which will not damage its reputation
- Any other activities required for the successful delivery of the role, as required.
The role will be required to liaise with the whole Management team, especially the Community Link Manager, Managing Director, Head of Park Operations, Accountant, Grounds Team, Stores Supervisor and Ride Area Managers.
Hours of Duty:
This is a sessional role and there are no specific hours allocated however daytime, evening and weekend working will be required subject to demand and bookings.
This post will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
|At least 3 years’ experience of developing and delivering community and education programmes.||Experience of running community / education programmes in the heritage or environmental sector|
|A relevant degree or similar expertise||A teaching qualification|
|An enthusiastic and positive attitude with the ability to work and communicate with a range of people from different age groups and backgrounds.||A strong interest in heritage and/or the environment|
|Skills and professionalism required to deliver educational and community events||First Aid qualification|
|Understanding of the National Curriculum in England||Able to do some manual lifting (e.g. tables/chairs when setting up and packing away events)|
|Experience of developing resources for schools||Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office package, in particular Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel|
|The ability to work alone and as part of a team||Experience of maintaining an online presence e.g. website, Twitter, Facebook.|
|Willingness to undertake training as required.||Experience of planning and delivering large scale education or community events.|
|Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines||Able to prioritise workload and manage own time effectively.|
|Willingness to work daytimes, evenings and weekends, if required.|
Job Title: Function Waiting / Bar Staff (£NMW, as and when required)
Line Manager: Banqueting Manager / Deputy Banqueting Manager
Overall Job Objectives:
- Maintain and monitor cleanliness of whole Pavilion and report issues and faults where possible as instructed
- Follow the instructions from the Function Lead or Banqueting Manager, to produce high levels of customer service at all times and for all customers through the polite, efficient, quick and careful service of food and beverages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a general description of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver a very high standard of customer care and service in a function environment, which will include events such as weddings through to corporate events.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the building, both front and back of house. This will require regular checks and cleaning: daily, weekly and monthly routines will be encouraged.
- This role includes responsibility for the maintenance of the dish washer and back area facilities, including regular cleaning of racking and glass wear shelving to ensure high levels of cleanliness and organisation of property.
- Report equipment faults or larger maintenance issues to the correct person using the fault reporting forms provided.
- Report all minor repair requirements as necessary.
- Ensure all equipment under your day to day control is accounted for and kept well maintained.
- Assisting the Banqueting Manager with the preparation of catering equipment in line with client requirements.
- Any other task commensurate with the post, including assisting behind the bars and pot wash where required.
Hours of Duty: Because of the nature of the post a clearly defined schedule of hours cannot be given and it is expected that the post holder’s hours will be agreed in accordance with the programme of events.
Special Requirements: Smart appearance, cheerful personality and ability to act as a good ambassador to Wicksteed Park at all times.
- Passion for providing superb customer service and food service in a prestigious function environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised to a tight schedule.
- Attention to detail is crucial in this role.
- A willingness to work flexibly.
- Ability to perform in a team.
- Uniform consists of black trousers, black blouse or shirt and black shoes which must be provided by the applicant. Badges, ties and aprons will be provided by the Company.
|Qualifications||§ NVQ’s in Customer Service / Hospitality
§ Food Hygiene Level 1 or 2
|Experience||§ Proven track record of similar customer service role.||§ Large scale banqueting service|
|Skills, knowledge and abilities||§ Good verbal communication skills||§ Good planning and organisational skills with ability to apply logic|
|Personal Qualities||§ Desire to provide exceptional customer service through the provision of an excellent food and beverage service and clean, well maintained premises.
§ Ability to develop a strong working relationship with the whole team, creating a friendly and productive atmosphere.
§ Highly motivated.
§ Ability to keep calm when under pressure
§ Passion for cleanliness.
§ Excellent timekeeping is essential
§ Ability to cope with late night working
|§ Good sense of humour|
Some important information:
Only completed application forms will be accepted on the day, and we do not accept CVs. Please do not send your application form electronically as it will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Administrator at email@example.com.
Please note that any application forms received after the recruitment event will be added to our waiting list.