‘F’ is for family
With both full time and temporary positions available, why don’t you join the Wicksteed Park family? We’re one of the region’s most popular attractions with an unrivaled heritage.Download Seasonal Application
Our current full time vacancies are listed below:
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Administrator on: email@example.com
Fairground Deputy Manager
To apply please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27th February 2017
Job Title: Fairground Deputy Manager
Salary: £17035.20 per annum
Responsible to: Fairground Manager
Responsible for: Fairground Rides, Wickys Play Factory, Ticket Office, Gamestalls, Ride Photography, Playground Equipment, Animal Attractions & Departmental Staff
Overall Job Objectives:
- To offer excellent customer service to our visitors through the safe, efficient and effective running of Rides, Games, Wickys Play Factory and Attractions.
- To ensure health & safety compliance and staff training.
- Through rigorous inspections ensure a high standard of presentation, cleanliness and maintenance throughout the department.
- Alongside the Fairground Manager provide strong leadership, team building and motivation.
- As an integral part of the Wicksteed Park management team, help the Company achieve business objectives and in particular maximise profit from secondary spend.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing a fantastic customer experience throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Assist with recruitment, training and motivate, support and maintain levels of seasonal staff in accordance with Company procedures and policy.
- Assist with the organisation of staff rotas to ensure correct staffing levels (as pre-determined by the Fairground Manager).
- Maintain records of working time, training and maintenance.
- Carry out inspection daily, weekly and monthly checks of Amusement Rides and free playground equipment in accordance with the company’s Planned Maintenance programme and safety procedures.
- Operate rides in accordance with all training and health and safety legislation.
- Report all incidents, equipment breakdowns, safety breeches and repair needs and ensure action is taken to rectify operational problems.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and company policy relating to employment.
- Respond to and take action (if required) following customer complaints – turn a negative into a positive!
- Inspire to ensure optimum performance of the Fairground team.
- In conjunction with the Fairground Manager, manage stock levels of food, beverage and disposables and ensure a policy of stock rotation is implemented in the Play Factory and retail outlets and that products are upsold.
- Attend team meetings when required and ensure seasonal representatives are present where required.
- Ensure staff dress standards are maintained with the full correct uniform and name badge when on duty, and are clean and presentable at all times.
- In conjunction with the HR assistant ensure that all staff have completed relevant documentation linked with their employment and ensure that staff assessments, where appropriate, are carried out as required;
- In conjunction with Wicksteed Park Security; ensure accuracy of all cash procedures and audits, and be responsible for the security of staff, property and stock;
- As required to work front of house in Wickys Play Factory where the duties will involve:
- To ensure you act responsibly in the role you are allocated for the day to day running of Wickys Play Factory.
- Supervision of Indoor Play equipment.
- To handle both cash and card ticket sales.
- Act as an ambassador to Wicksteed Park and the Play Factory at all times.
- To assist in the provision of an efficient food and beverage service including preparation, service and cleaning.
- Assist with work in any other department as workload and Park priorities dictate.
- To oversee animal experiences as part of the attractions.
Close working relationships with the Fairground Manager, Play Factory Supervisors, Operations Director, Visitor Centre Manager and all other Managers are essential.
Hours of Duty:
Due to the nature of this post, the post holder will work their hours over a seven day week. The minimum hours are 40 per week, because of the nature of the post a clearly defined schedule of hours cannot be given and it is expected that the post holder’s hours will be agreed with the Fairground Manager in accordance with the time of year.
Overtime is not payable; however some time off in lieu may be taken under previously agreed circumstances. It is a requirement of the post to work weekends, Bank and Statutory holidays as these represent some of our busiest days.
This is a “hands on” leisure industry role; long days and weekend working will be the norm.
- Must have proven Supervisory experience
- Smart appearance and ability to act as a good ambassador to Wicksteed Park Ltd at all times.
- A practical, hands on attitude for front of house service and manual work.
- A strong commitment to health and safety and customer service.
- Ability to work unsupervised to a tight schedule.
- A willingness to work flexibly and to continuously improve skills and competences.
- Must be highly motivated to reach performance and financial targets.
- Must be Customer Service focussed.
- Must be an excellent people manager and communicator with a keenness for relationship building.
Community and Education Sessional Leaders
Salary: £8.50 sessional hourly rate
Job Title: Community and Education Sessional Leaders
Responsible to: Community Link Manager
Responsible for: Community and Education volunteers
Introduction and Background to the Post:
Wicksteed Park in Kettering is wholly owned by Wicksteed Charitable Trust, (founded in 1916 by Charles Wicksteed), and has remained one of the Midlands’ best-loved parks since its official opening in 1921. Wicksteed Park Ltd is the trading subsidiary of the Trust, which provides the main revenue stream to maintain the 147 acre Park, gardens and lakes.
Wicksteed Park is of huge importance to local and regional heritage and is registered Grade II on the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. The Park has great value to the local community and is used by many local organisations for events. The Trust delivers a growing community and education programme, which involves schools, local community organisations and visitors to the park. This role supports the management and delivery of these activities and the development of further events.
Overall Job Objectives:
- To support the development and delivery of community and education activities as part of our annual programme.
- To engage and encourage participation for all in a variety of activities that creatively explore the natural history of the park, and its heritage.
- To raise awareness of our community and education programmes to existing and potential visitors including education providers, community organisations, businesses and individuals.
- To carry out Charles Wicksteed’s initial aims of how the Park should interact with both local and distant communities.
- To support the development of community and educational Strategy based on what Wicksteed Park has / will have to offer.
Specific Tasks:[Please note this is intended as a general guide only. It is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities.]
- Use the Park’s own history (the Wicksteed Story, Hilda Wicksteed etc) to create, develop, promote and run high quality community and educational activities and events.
- To ensure that events for schools are relevant and responsive to their educational needs.
- To widen participation and ensure we are communicating our community and education offers to new and existing audiences.
- To provide regular updates and evaluation of activities for Trust meetings, Community Link Manager and funders.
- To further enhance the community and education offers of the park through on site interpretation, such as trails, leaflets etc.
- Using the Park’s history and natural landscape to create new educational resources, such as resource boxes, online materials and lesson plans for teachers and other groups.
- Contribute to the updating of the community and education section of the website.
- To liaise with suppliers for community and educational events and materials.
- Undertake pricing of events and invoicing / collection of money in conjunction with Wicksteed Park’s finance team.
- Provide valuable support, knowledge and experience in community and educational areas and, identify specific opportunities to maximise all potential forms of income.
- Raise the profile of Wicksteed Park as a high quality education provider.
- Maintain and update our database
- To raise the profile of the park within the local community
- To ensure that all health and safety obligations are met in all aspects of the role, in particular, to ensure implementation of Child Welfare and Safety policies
- Adhere to all Wicksteed Park policies, procedures and systems.
- To represent the Park and the Trust in professional manner and to act at all times in a manner which will not damage its reputation
- Any other activities required for the successful delivery of the role, as required.
The role will be required to liaise with the whole Management team, especially the Community Link Manager, Managing Director, Head of Park Operations, Accountant, Grounds Team, Stores Supervisor and Ride Area Managers.
Hours of Duty:
This is a sessional role and there are no specific hours allocated however daytime, evening and weekend working will be required subject to demand and bookings.
This post will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
|At least 3 years’ experience of developing and delivering community and education programmes.||Experience of running community / education programmes in the heritage or environmental sector|
|A relevant degree or similar expertise||A teaching qualification|
|An enthusiastic and positive attitude with the ability to work and communicate with a range of people from different age groups and backgrounds.||A strong interest in heritage and/or the environment|
|Skills and professionalism required to deliver educational and community events||First Aid qualification|
|Understanding of the National Curriculum in England||Able to do some manual lifting (e.g. tables/chairs when setting up and packing away events)|
|Experience of developing resources for schools||Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office package, in particular Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel|
|The ability to work alone and as part of a team||Experience of maintaining an online presence e.g. website, Twitter, Facebook.|
|Willingness to undertake training as required.||Experience of planning and delivering large scale education or community events.|
|Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines||Able to prioritise workload and manage own time effectively.|
|Willingness to work daytimes, evenings and weekends, if required.|
We are looking forward to spring (and beyond) here at Wicksteed Park – yippee! Lots of hard work is going into the park and we have two recruitment events in March 2017 to help us build our important team for the 2017 season.
The events will take place on Wednesday March 1 (4pm-7pm) and Saturday March 4 (10am-4pm) in the Wicksteed Park pavilion.
Who do you need?
- Wicky’s Play Factory Party Entertainers
- Bar Staff
- Waiting Staff
- ‘Fun Makers’ (ride operators / games attendants)
- Catering ‘Foodies’
- Catering Supervisors
- ‘Retail Therapists’ (shop assistants)
- Ticket Office Assistants
- Stores’ Assistants
- Face Painters
- Photo Booth Assistants
- RUSH Instructors
- Security Staff
- Grounds Team Staff (grounds maintenance, litter picking, cleaning)
How do I apply?
Please print off and complete our 2017 application form and bring it with you to the recruitment event of your choice. We will also require an attached photograph.
An interview may take place on the day and you may be required to wait and see a manager. You may wish to bear this in mind when choosing your day’s attire.
For anyone being dropped off, no parking charges apply within the first 20 minutes of a visit.
Some important information:
Only completed application forms will be accepted on the day, and we do not accept CVs. Please do not send your application form electronically as it will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Administrator at email@example.com.
Please note that any application forms received after the recruitment event will be added to our waiting list.