Animal Care Assistant
We have some fantastic seasonal opportunities for anyone who would like to gain experience in customer service and animal care. We have exciting things ahead for our animal experiences at Wicksteed Park we look after several species including, meerkats, exotic birds, goats, and ducks.
As an assistant in the animal department at Wicksteed Park you will have good attention to detail when it comes to animal welfare, health and safety and are proactive at prioritising work. You will be thorough and have high standards. You will also enjoy communicating with a wide variety of people from other departments and guests in the grounds!
Working in the Animal Care team you will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure that all customers have an excellent and consistent visit each time
- Engage with our audience through animal experiences
- Ensure safe, efficient, effective, and humane treatment of all animal livestock within the park
- Ensure that the animal attractions operate effectively on a day-to-day basis, in line with the company and brand standards
- Maintain appropriate records to monitor animal care and health and safety compliance, this includes the use of daily check sheets
What’s in it for me?
- A flexible and fun working environment, at Wicksteed Park no two days are the same, we are proud of our fantastic seasonal team who make Wicksteed Park what it is.
- Personal Development, from induction, to training to learning something truly unique about our own heritage we are passionate about creating an environment where everyone can develop.
- Fantastic team where we all work hard to achieve the best results and are recognised for our achievements.
- We have social events throughout the year. We really enjoy the opportunity to get together!
- Ride wristbands and discounts on events run by Wicksteed Park, giving you the opportunity to really see what our experience is.
We are looking for people who
- Are passionate about the customer experience, our customers are at the heart of what we do. We create happy lasting memories for all our visitors who want to return time and time again.
- Value Teamwork, amazing things can happen when we work together and support each other which is why having an approachable, understanding, driven and passionate team has a huge impact.
- Can offer Flexibility, we are open 7 days a week during peak season offering lots of different opportunities to be involved in many areas of the park.
- Working towards a qualification in animal care.
We are looking for people who can work flexibly. This is a seasonal role and hours will vary with the needs of the business and our attraction opening. There is availability for weekend work and hours during the week during peak season.
Pay will be inline with National Minimum Wage.