A varied customer focused role, this position ensures that our customers have a consistent exceptional experience at every visit. The job holder must have strong communication skills and due to the nature of the business, be flexible and able to turn their hand to most duties required within the business at all times. The job holder is responsible for making people’s day ensuring that through exceptional customer experiences we create happy lasting memories for all our visitors who then want to return time and time again.
Collaboration is a value of Wicksteed Park and all roles may be required to vary responsibilities to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures that all customers and visitors have an excellent and consistent visit to the play factory each time.
- Observes the customer experience and takes action if required.
- Deliver a food and beverage service within the play factory, including the preparation and serving of food.
- Host birthday parties in the play factory alongside parental supervision.
- Customers’ satisfaction to be checked during their visit to the department and prompt response to be given to the service needs of and feelings expressed by customers.
- Character Entertainment to assist with Play Factory parties or as required around the park.
- Ensure equipment and premises to be maintained in a clean working condition and report any issues your line manager.
- Deal with customer enquiries to conclusion reaching the best outcome for the customer and the business, escalating where necessary.
- Work in all departments throughout the park as required and to that department’s specific standards.
- Every opportunity to be taken to promote and upsell products to our customers and encourage secondary spend.
- Accurate payments to be dealt with in accordance with the park’s standards and the company cash handling procedure.
- Maintain cleanliness and working order of the play factory equipment and all customer facilities this will include toilet facilities.
- To ensure that relevant daily checks have been carried out to the standards expected.
- Work flexibly in line with business requirements.
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety measures and procedures are observed and adhered to by staff, volunteers and the general public within the Play Factory and Park.
- Manage your performance using the employee value framework.
- Optimise on all opportunity to reduce costs.
Reports to: Rides & Attractions Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate and a good understanding of HACCP record keeping.
- Smart appearance and ability to act as a good ambassador to Wicksteed Park at all times.
- A willingness to work flexibly and to continuously improve skills and competences.
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- A strong commitment to health and safety and customer service