Wicksteed Park terms and conditions
At Wicksteed Park, we are about a fun day out for all the family! There are however a few important points around wristbands, tickets and permits and these are outlined below.
Annual Ride Wristbands
Annual Ride Wristbands are non-refundable and non-transferable.
As part of the security measures for your annual wristband, your photograph will be taken and stored to prevent others using your card if lost or stolen. This photograph will not be stored with any of your personal details. Annual wristbands are valid for twelve months from date of purchase.
Only one wristband will be issued per person per day on production of your Annual Ride Wristband card. Indoor play upgrade for £1 is only valid on peak ride open days. Tesco Deals vouchers are not valid for Annual Wristband purchases.
The following restrictions apply to the RUSH activity tower:
- Height 1.4 – 2.03m
- Weight 30 – 120kg (for the zip line).
- Weight 30 – 130kg (for the other activities).
- Rush-goers, please note it is always a little cooler at height, plus there’s a potential wind chill effect.
- Comfortable warm clothing recommended.
- Strong shoes recommended
A few dont’s:
- No alcohol or drugs: anyone suspected will be refused access
- Access the tower without permission
- No cameras or phones at height, as they are a safety hazard if they fall.
Click here to download our Access Statement
Annual car parking permit
- The parking permit entitles the owner of the car to park in the designated car parks, as directed by the Parking Attendant.
- Please remember your car parking permit is for your vehicle, not you (the owner) and is NOT TRANSFERABLE between vehicles.
- If you change your vehicle, you must return your parking permit to Wicksteed Park in order for them to re-issue you with a new one and for your details to be updated. Wicksteed Park will not replace a car parking permit which has been sold on with a vehicle, as the permit remains valid. You will need to purchase another parking permit for your new vehicle and pay another deposit.
- The parking permit is for Wicksteed Park users only and is not valid for business parking or offsite visits.
- The route to and from the car parks, as indicated by the Park’s Authorities, must be adhered to at all times.
- The car must not be taken to any other part of the Park and the pedestrian areas must be treated as such.
- A speed restriction of 10 mph will be strictly imposed.
- No liability is accepted, and all parking is at owner’s risk.
- Random checks will be carried out to ensure the correct parking permit is being used for the corresponding vehicle. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of sale may lead to the cancellation of your parking permit, which will prevent you accessing the Park by vehicle.
- The £2.50 deposit charged is to cover replacement costs should you lose or damage the electronic permit. This deposit will be refunded upon the return of your parking permit, in good, useable condition.
- The Park reserves the right to cancel any parking permit if the conditions are not observed.
General tickets and wristband terms inc seasonal events
- There are no refunds on tickets or wristbands including event tickets such as Festive Experiences and Fireworks
- Single-visit wristbands are only valid on the day of purchase and must be secured by Ticket Office staff.
- Occasionally, rides may close due for technical or operational reasons, or in certain weather conditions.
- Evidence may be required to prove you are aged 17 years or over.
- Should you wish to change the date of your visit, 48 hours must be given by contacting Guest Services on 01536 512475 or email email@example.com.
Live Nights terms and conditions
Tickets will be sent to you in advance, please bring these with you on the night. If tickets are lost, they will not be replaced. Tickets are non -refundable.
Wicksteed Park reserves the right to cancel any performance.
Opening and closing times
- Wicksteed Park is privately owned by the Wicksteed Charitable Trust and is closed every night. The opening and closing times are displayed on each of the pedestrian gates. Times vary across the year.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times no matter how small or sweet natured.
- Please clean up your dog’s mess after you – it is a serious public health hazard.
- Dogs are not allowed in the children’s play areas. Please observe the signs.
- There is a dog exercising field above the campsite at the far side of the park, this is the only place where dogs can be let off a lead
- Smoking is not permitted in the ride areas, playgrounds or built-up areas. It is permitted in the grounds but please dispose of your cigarette butts safely. They are a fire risk.
- You can cycle around the lake path before the rides open at 10:30am or after they close at 6pm. Please watch out for pedestrians at all times.
- Cycling in the built up areas is not allowed.
- You are very welcome to have a picnic but please pick up all your litter and place in the bins provided.
- We would rather spend our money on improving the park rather than picking up litter!
- Disposable BBQs are strictly banned unless they are kept well off the grass (at least 500mm). They cause major long term damage and are a serious fire risk. Please dispose of your hot cinders in the special black metal bins provided.
Train track and train bridges
- Please do not walk on our train track, it may look strong but any damage does mean higher maintenance bills for us. The train bridges are just that – bridges for trains and not humans.
- Wicksteed Park is full of wonderful wildlife and plants. Please respect them all.
- Please do not feed the wildfowl with bread, it is not good for them.
- Any damage or theft to our property will not be tolerated. We do prosecute.
- Personal property: Wicksteed Charitable Trust accepts no responsibility for loss of personal property.
- Please treat our staff as you wish to be treated. We do not tolerate any bullying or abuse.
Swimming in the lake
- Swimming in the lake is done at your own risk. Wicksteed Charitable Trust accepts no responsibility for any injuries or accidents which may arise.
- The park operates a first aid service on ride days only.
Cookies do not harm your computer in any way. We do not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies.
We are providing this information as part of our privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website to comply with recent EU legislation changes and to help you understand about your privacy when using our site.
To make full use and access all of the features and functionality on the Wicksteed Park website, your computer or browsing device will need to accept cookies.
The cookies stored do not hold any sensitive information like your name, address or payment details. If you would prefer to block, restrict or delete cookies from us or any other website, you can use your browsers settings to do this
For further information regarding website cookies, please visit the ‘About Cookies’ website at http://www.aboutcookies.org