Tickets and wristbands
Wristbands give you unlimited access to the rides on the day of your visit (height restrictions apply). Tickets can be shared amongst yourselves and saved for a future visit in that same year. Most rides require one, two or three tickets per person.
|Online Price / Walk-in Price||Price|
|Child||£18 | £19||£70|
|Adult (17+)||£15 | £16||£50|
|Senior Citizen||£9 | £10||£36|
Ride Ticket Online Prices
- Single Tickets – £1.25
- Sheet of 20 tickets – £22.00
- Sheet of 40 tickets – £37.00
Please note: each ride requires mainly 2 or 3 tickets per person per ride. Tickets are available to purchase online, or on the day of your visit. Please note 2017 ride tickets must be used before 29th October 2017.
**Mini-me wristband valid for children measuring 0.9m – 1.0m tall. ***Group rates apply to purchases of 20 wristbands or over in a single transaction. Annual wristband is for rides only and does not include Wickys Play Factory.
For school & group rates, please contact email@example.com
Parking the car
|Ride days||Non-ride days||Winter|
|First 20 minutes||Free||Free||Free|
|Up to 2 hours||£3||£2||£1|
|2 – 3 hours||£4||£3||£3|
|Arrival After 6pm – flat rate||£1||£1||£1|
Do you love Wicksteed Park? Well, it’s super here! If you’re a frequent visitor, have you thought about an Annual Parking Permit? For only £30 (plus £2.50 deposit), you’re parking is covered for a full 365 days. Yippee!Purchase Parking Permit
Information & Annual Permit Terms
If you haven’t been to the park for a while you will immediately notice that our parking system has changed. To enter please push the button and take a ticket to open the barrier and remember to pay before you leave! There are two payment machines, one by reception and the other opposite the main toilet block c.60m away. If you pay for your parking with these machines you will have 20 minutes grace period to leave the park.
On ride days you can also save a lot of time and pay for your ticket when you purchase your ride tickets / wristbands providing you plan on staying more than 3 hours. We will validate your ticket for you and it will allow you to stay in the park until it closes around sunset. We think the new barrier makes the park a securer place for all which is good news and it should reduce the queuing time to get into the park.
Annual Car Parking Permit Terms and Conditions
1. The parking permit entitles the owner of the car to park in the designated car parks, as directed by the Parking Attendant.
2. Please remember your car parking permit is for your vehicle, not you (the owner) and is NOT TRANSFERABLE between vehicles
3. If you change your vehicle, you must return your parking permit to Wicksteed Park in order for them to re-issue you with a new one and for your details to be updated. Wicksteed Park will not replace a car parking permit which has been sold on with a vehicle, as the permit remains valid. You will need to purchase another parking permit for your new vehicle and pay another deposit.
4. The parking permit is for Wicksteed Park users only and is not valid for business parking or offsite visits.
5. The route to and from the car parks, as indicated by the Park’s Authorities, must be adhered to at all times.
6. The car must not be taken to any other part of the Park and the pedestrian areas must be treated as such
7. A speed restriction of 10 mph will be strictly imposed
8. No liability is accepted, and all parking is at owner’s risk
9. Random checks will be carried out to ensure the correct parking permit is being used for the corresponding vehicle. failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of sale may lead to the cancellation of your parking permit, which will prevent you accessing the Park by vehicle.
10. The £2.50 deposit charged is to cover replacement costs should you lose or damage the electronic permit. This deposit will be refunded upon the return of your parking permit, in good, useable condition
11. The Park reserves the right to cancel any parking permit if the conditions are not observed
Annual Ride Wristband Terms & Conditions
As part of the security measures for your annual wristband, your photograph will be taken and stored to prevent others using your card if lost or stolen. This photograph will not be stored with any of your personal details. Annual wristbands are valid for twelve months from date of purchase. Only 1 wristband will be issued per person per day on production of your Annual Wristband card. Indoor play upgrade for £1 is only valid on ride open days. Tesco Deals vouchers are not valid for Annual Wristband purchases.
Annual Wristbands are non-refundable and non-transferable.
What do the colours mean?
- February Opening: Selected rides open – yay! Purchase tickets from the Fairground office and enjoy Snakes & Ladders Astroslide and Dropslide; Treetop Walk; Meerkat Burrows; Crazy Golf. 12-4pm. Special wristband £5 pp. 2017 ride tickets are valid.
- Peak season: Yippee! All ride areas open. Closing time is decided on the day.
- Wicky’s weekday magic: Enjoy the carousel, train, aviary & crazy golf only between 12noon and 4pm. Wickys Play Factory will also be open. All other rides are closed.
- Autumn Season: Up to 20 attractions open in The Fairground, Arena and railway between 11am-4pm. Wristbands will be £10 for adults and £12 for children. Up-to-date ride information and notices will be found on the home page.
- October Opening: In October, the carousel and crazy golf are open. Wickys Play factory can also be enjoyed.
- Park grounds: Enjoy the park grounds and Wickys Play Factory, but all other rides will be closed.
- Fireworks display: Whizz! Bang! Woop! Wicksteed’s display is famous, extravagant and always a must-see! Information will appear on the website.
Bar Christmas Day, our grounds and free playground open year-round, sunrise to sunset. Car park opens at 9am.
On ride days the fun begins at 10:30am (11am Lakeside). Closing time is decided on the day so please ask a member of our team.
Need to contact us at the park? Maybe you need to check how to find us. All the information is presented to you at the following page.
Need some help getting around? Download the 2016 park map.
The park has gentle slopes down to the lake’s edge where you can pick up a flat path that takes you all the way around. Many of our rides can accommodate some disabilities and the train can take wheelchairs.
Click here to view our Access Statement
is for Wicksteed Park
Wicksteed Park is a place where you can ride, explore, camp, celebrate, play, eat and shop.
We have over 30 rides and attractions to keep everyone entertained, from hold-on-to-your-hat thrill rides to gentle carousels.
Lots of open space, top-notch facilities and a park full of adventure at your tent-step: no wonder we have lots of happy campers here at Wicksteed Park.
Our park’s always been a terrific place to play. When it first opened, visitors were wowed by the huge metal slides and climbing frames; today, it’s the likes of RUSH that get people’s tickers racing.
Our gift shop is full of interesting ideas and mementos of your visit at Wicksteed Park. The shop also sells park tickets and wristbands and can be found in the main trading street in the upper part of the park.
Fancy a knees-up? There are no knees higher than ours. Our Edwardian Grand Pavilion makes a spectacular setting for a wedding, ball or dinner. Or for more relaxed affairs, try one of our cosy cafés – you can book them out for private dos.
There’s oodles of room to roam at Wicksteed Park. You can walk round the lake, or head into the woods on a nature safari, before spreading out your rug for a family picnic.
Bring along a bat and ball – or a kite – if you fancy a spot of sport with a tremendous view.
To get started simply download the geochaching app or visit geocaching.com. to start – create an account. Select the geocache route you want to do (Wicksteed Park of course). Once you find the hidden clues sign the logbook and carefully place back.
Tap the “found it “ button in the app and go onto the next clue. We have hidden clues all over the park – so become that scout or guide again get hunting!Visit geocaching.com
“I would come back every week if i could as I love this place!!”
Where can I eat?
We have a wide range of things to eat and drink throughout the park including fresh fish and chips, homemade sandwiches, salads and delicious cakes. For those colder days, try our homemade soups and roll.
We also have a wide range of delicious ice creams, milk shakes, fresh donuts and a fabulous new sweet shop – Bah Humbug with an extensive range of hand made sweets.
- The Hexagon – Drinks, paninis, burgers, fried chicken, chips, sandwiches, snacks & ice cream
- Ideas Café – Bean to cup coffee, sandwiches, paninis, drinks, snacks & hot food
- Precinct food kiosks – Hot dogs, jacket potatoes, ice cream, donuts, shakes, smoothies & drinks
- Carousel Café – Bean to cup coffee, sandwiches, paninis, drinks & snacks
- Wickys Play Factory Café (for Wickys Play Factory customers) – Bean to cup coffee, hot food, sandwiches, paninis, drinks & snacks
- Oaktree – Freshly hand battered fish, pies, sausages & burgers
Please note when the rides are not operating the majority of the outlets are closed. The website will inform you where is open.