Wicksteed Park has a new opportunity for a Park Ranger, a prominent role at Wicksteed Park responsible for managing, creating and maintaining the various habitats, greenspaces and parts of the wider estate owned by the Wicksteed Charitable Trust.
The Trust estate includes a wide variety of habitats including an SSSI, a County wildlife site, a Scheduled Monument, a 24 acre lake, an arboretum, woodland, pasture. flood meadows and both the River Ise and Slade Brook. The Trust has ambitious plans to become a key component of a developing wider green infrastructure network including sections of re-wilding and significant new woodland and flood meadow creation. The Ranger will be a key player in developing and realising these exciting plans and establishing a long-term maintenance strategy for the estate.
The Park Ranger champions and manages a volunteer group and ensures the highest standards of health and safety within the Park team. This is a flexible role and will require work at weekends as part of a 7-day rota.
The Park Ranger will be responsible for:
- Carrying out duties within the parks grounds to ensure it is well managed and maintained.
- Providing a welcoming environment for park visitors, the local community and supporting our education activities.
- Responding to maintenance and health and safety issues as they arise.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of undertaking general maintenance duties in a park or similar environment involving the usage of equipment such as chainsaws, chipper, strimmer, brushcutter, tractor and implements. You should hold the relevant certifications and licenses for all equipment.
- Experience of landscape / horticultural / conservation management.
- Knowledge and experience of practical habitat management such as tree felling, coppicing, fencing and footpath management.
- Experience of leading / working with volunteers, general public and delivering education activity related to the role.
- Awareness of H&S policies and legislation.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the Trusts plans to develop its greenspaces and habitats. If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter outlining your experience relevant to the role to our HR team at email@example.com.