We are seeking entertainers for seasonal opportunities at Wicksteed Park from February half term to Christmas eve. This position engages and inspires as part of a team to deliver the park’s entertainments proposition. Our entertainment team deliver an outstanding guest experience, and work closely under the direction of the entertainment manager.
We are looking for the right people who will bring our park alive this year! Our aim is to enhance the customer experience with entertainment through live theatre shows, character work, street shows and delight visitors in the park by creating extra sparkle!
Wicksteed Park is much more than an amusement park. The park was officially opened in 1921 by Charles Wicksteed as part of his vision to inspire and encourage play to improve the health and well-being of families. Wicksteed Park offers over 147 acres of beautiful heritage green space and exciting rides and amusements which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year to play and explore its beautiful grounds. Collaboration is a value of Wicksteed Park and all roles may be required to work additional or varied responsibilities to meet the needs of the business.
This is a key role in delivering our unique entertainment to all visitors to the park, you should demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities and be a strong team player. Working as an entertainer you will work flexibly in line with our 7-day operations during the school breaks and be able to perform 5-6 shows a day with consistency and energy alongside a supportive and caring team.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive rates of pay
- A flexible and fun working environment, at Wicksteed Park no two days are the same, we are proud of our fantastic seasonal team who make Wicksteed Park what it is.
- Personal Development, from induction, to training to learning something truly unique about our own heritage. We are passionate about creating an environment where everyone can develop.
- Fantastic team where we all work hard to achieve the best results and are recognised for our achievements.
- We have social events throughout the year. We really enjoy the opportunity to get together!
- Ride wristbands and discounts on events run by Wicksteed Park, giving you the opportunity to really see what our experience is.
We are looking for people who
- Are confident singers preferred.
- Able to perform basic choreography.
- Have special skills such as juggling, gymnastics, or play an instrument
- Are willing to wear our Wicky Bear and Mabel the Meerkat mascot costume.
- Energetic and fun-loving people who are passionate about the customer experience, our customers are at the heart of what we do. We create happy lasting memories for all our visitors who want to return time and time again.
- Value Teamwork, amazing things can happen when we work together and support each other which is why having an approachable, understanding, driven and passionate team has a huge impact.
- Can offer Flexibility, we are open 7 days a week during peak season offering lots of different opportunities to be involved in many areas of the park.
We are looking for people who can work flexibly. This is a seasonal role and hours will vary with the needs of the business and our ride opening. There is availability for weekend work and hours during the week during peak season.
Due to the nature of the role all applicants must be 16+, some rides require applicants to be 18+ to operate the machinery. We therefore ask that you specify your age bracket as part of the application form.
Pay will be inline with National Minimum Wage.
How to apply
Please complete our online application form by clicking on the link below.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an audition.