Wicksteed Park are looking for an Engineer, reporting to the Senior Engineer this role will be responsible for ensuring that the Park is in a safe condition for the team and visitors. The Engineer will support the business with the management and coordination of maintenance, repair, installation and removal or Rides and Attractions. Engineers manage the inspection and maintenance of rides, attractions, vehicles and machinery to industry standards, quality service and safety.
Wicksteed Park is much more than an amusement park, the park was officially opened in 1921 by Charles Wicksteed as part of his vision to inspire and encourage play to improve the health and well-being of families. Wicksteed Park offers over 147 acres of beautiful heritage green space and exciting rides and amusements which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year to play and explore its beautiful grounds.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who will enjoy working with the wider team to focus on customer experience.
The Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a well maintained and safe customer environment.
- Working with a maintenance timetable throughout the year to ensure that all maintenance and inspections are completed to schedule.
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety legislation and company policy including maintaining and having input to risk assessments applicable to engineering works and health and safety documents for all rides and relevant work areas.
- Ensuring that all project work is kept on time and within budgeted requirements.
Working as part of a small team of Engineers you will have an engaging work style to involve people and develop supportive working relationships across the whole team. You will be able to demonstrate values and behaviours aligned to our organisation’s values.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working outdoors and can adapt to work flexibly in line with business requirement.
- Enjoys working as part of a team and relish the opportunity to learn new skills.
- Has an Engineering Qualification to NVQ level 3 or BTEC Equivalent
- Has had at least 3 years full time experience in a related role.
It would be an advantage to have an understanding of electrical engineering, but this is not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a unique working environment and an exciting industry, if you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to our HR team at email@example.com