Clothing gear safety:
- At the RUSH summit it can be a bit cooler, plus there’s a potential wind chill, so wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions.
- Please wear closed toe shoes (no flip flops, crocs, heels or heelies). You may be turned away and refused entry to activities with inappropriate footwear.
- Harnesses cannot go against bare skin so please cover shoulders and wear trousers or long shorts. Short skirts are not permitted.
- There isn’t a need to bring any safety gear, we will provide this and give you a safety briefing before you start.
- You will not be permitted to take part under the influence of alcohol. The management reserve the right to deny access if they suspect that you may be under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Please note no phones, cameras including Go-Pro or selfie sticks are permitted on the Activity Tower as this can be dangerous.
- Valuables should be left with family or friends. Alternatively, for the zip wire and wall, small valuables can be placed in a small sealable bag which will be attached to your harness. For the bag jump, small valuables can be put in small boxes as directed by the instructors.
- Larger items can be left in the RUSH Briefing Area. All items are left entirely at the owner’s risk and Wicksteed Park accept no responsibility for loss or damage to items left.
The following height restrictions are strictly adhered to at the RUSH Activity Tower:
- Zip Wire and The Wall: Height 1.2m – 2.03m
- Zip Wire and The Wall: Weight 30kg – 120kg
- Bag Jump: minimum 8 years old
- Bag Jump: maximum weight 130kg
Please note the management reserves the right to change the minimum and maximum weight allowances to take account of the prevailing wind conditions on the day.
If you require any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
Here, we’ve put together a list of the most commonly asked questions to make planning your adventure a little easier.
When are you open?
We are open weekends, bank holidays and school holidays from Easter until September. Our first sessions are at 12pm. Last session varies from day to day. Please check at the RUSH Ticket Office.
Earlier morning or twilight sessions can be arranged for group bookings/charity events. Please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Should I book in advance?
No. For most of our activities we never turn anyone away who arrives during opening hours. That means you can relax, even if you haven’t booked online.
The exception to this would be on very busy days; eg Bank Holidays. On these days we would always recommend booking online or allowing extra time to book your session at the RUSH Ticket Office.
Can I bring spectators?
Yes, of course – we encourage it! There are plenty of facilities at Wicksteed Park for those who prefer to keep their feet on the ground.
The best spectator area for zip wire riders is underneath the zip wire close to the sheep paddock.
What should I wear?
Loose and comfortable clothing; closed-toe footwear, secure shoes e.g. trainers. Flip flops, Crocs, high heels and heelies are not permitted. You may be turned away and refused entry to activities with inappropriate footwear.
All items must be removed from participants pockets and either left with friends/family or put into small sealable bags that will be attached to your harness.
Long hair must be tied back and all loose jewellery removed. Harnesses cannot go against bare skin so please cover shoulders and wear trousers or long shorts. Short skirts are not permitted. For your own comfort and safety, please check the weather forecast for the day and dress accordingly.
What if it rains?
You’ll get wet! RUSH is an outdoor venue and the zip wire and climbing wall operate in all weather conditions bar high winds and thunderstorms.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, the Bag Jump cannot operate in the rain.
In the instances that activities are cancelled by RUSH due to exceptional weather conditions, every effort will be made to contact those that have booked in advance. In these cases, another day/time for your experience to take place will be arranged or a full refund given.
What if I change my mind?
Our instructors are very reassuring and will do their best to make your experience with us a pleasant one However, we do understand that our activities can be a challenge, even for the bravest of visitors.
Should you change your mind about participating we are happy to arrange another session time (subject to availability and within the same day only) for you to try again if you wish to do so.
Please be aware that all our activities are non-refundable, except in the event of adverse weather conditions where activities have been cancelled by RUSH.
Accessing with extra needs/disabilities
We want as many people as possible to experience RUSH. However, please be aware that our activities are adventurous and do require a certain amount of physical fitness and ability. For example, the zip wire platform is located at the summit of five flights of stairs.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements in confidence.
My child is over 8 years old but doesn’t weigh 30kg. Can they still ride the Zip Wire or climb the Wall?
Unfortunately, no. RUSH has strict minimum 30kg weight limit: this is due to the natural incline at the end of the wire. If participants don’t meet the minimum weight limit they might not pick up enough speed to reach the other end.
The same applied for to the auto belay system on The Wall: climbers who do not meet the minimum weight requirements would not be able to climb down the wall safely.
My child wants to fly, climb or jump but I really, really don’t. What do I do?
We are happy for children to participate in our activities unaccompanied as long as a parent or guardian over 18 years of age has signed the appropriate activity disclaimer on their behalf.
We kindly request that parents/guardians remain in close proximity to the RUSH activity tower for the duration of their activities.
My child weighs 35kg but is 7 years old. Can they still do the Bag Jump?
Unfortunately, no. For participant’s safety, RUSH has strict minimum age requirements for the Bag Jump.
What time do I need to arrive?
We ask you arrive at least five to ten minutes prior to your session time. Please allow extra time for weight and height checks to be completed and the risk disclaimer read and signed. We are hoping in the future to have the risk disclaimer available to download and bring with you.
If you arrive late, you may be refused entry to your session. We will endeavour to put on to the next available session but this may be much later in the day.
I’m organising a charity event - can you help?
This is something we’d love to help with. Please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Do you do parties/team building events or Stag/Hen dos?
Yes, all are possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Can I take part if I'm pregnant?
We don’t recommend any of the RUSH activities for pregnant women.
What if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
We are not medically qualified to assess the medical conditions of participants. It will remain your responsibility to assess your condition prior to your visit.